lunedì 9 maggio 2016

Happy First Outlander anniversary to me!

Today is my birthday but it's also my personal first outlander anniversary, one year with this amazing tv show and it's creators, actors and with all the new people and friends I've met due to it!
It was exactly last year that I was celebrating my birthday with my friends, a sad birthday because I was having some problems with one one my best friends, a misunderstanding that had teared us apart, I felt so sad and alone, even if I was with them.
We were eating the cake I had made when I heard one of my male friend talking about a TV show, a wonderful series set in Scotland, with Highlanders, kilts, and awesome view of this country. I listened to him, I had heard Outlander's name before and decided that wasn't the show for me...but then he said "it's about a woman that goes back in time and meet some Highlanders that save her...." In that moment I realized he was talking about a series from one of my favorite book ever...whaaaaat? and that I didn't recognize it before as knew the book with the Italian name "La straniera". 
I went home and searched for the show and in the two days after I watched almost all the episodes, I saw from one to 10 from sure and it was love at first sight, with the show, with the actors (all the actors, come on, I know what you're thinking, of course I fell in love with Jamie/Sam because I never stopped loving Jamie Fraser since I first met him in 2001, but I love all of them) and since that day Outlander has become part of my life. it not only helped me in that sad period of my life, distracting me from my personal problems....
In fact, Thanks to it, trying to find information about the show and the actors, after having seen all the interviews on YouTube and read all that I've found on the Web, I arrived on Twitter as it seemed to be the social media where many of them were active and not only I started following them but I started finding a lot of new friends...some are online acquaintances, other are true,dear friends to me now, Italians and not only... I was not alone anymore!
And it really helped me a lot in the following months! but this is another story, I'll tell you about it on other time because thanks to outlander many things in my life has changed...
So today it's my first Outlander's anniversary, hope to have many others ( we're watching season 2, I hope to see all the books in tv)... 
And so happy anniversary to me! And thanks thanks thanks especially to Diana Gabaldon who I had the honor to meet in Bonn last November, to Ron D. Moore, to Terry Dresbach and Jon Gary Steele, to all the actors Sam Heughan, Caitriona Balfe, Tobias Menzies, Gary Lewis, Graham MacTavish, Duncan Lacroix, Lotte Veerbeck, just to names few of them, that are not only terrific talented actors but also beautiful persons, and I've been so lucky to meet some of them so i can say this because i know... Thanks to all cast and crew, especially Andy and Davie for all the laughs and selfies...
Thank you Outlander for this wonderful year together!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento